Air fryer Chex mix is an easy savory snack that you can make at home in under an hour (or less if you are making a smaller batch)! A twist on the crowd favorite, this crunchy goodness is sure to please.
Can you make Chex mix in an air fryer? You absolutely can! And it is just as easy as making this classic snack in your oven.
If you're looking for a party mix to wow your kids or to bring to your next gathering, this mix is a fun, crunchy, and delicious option. It is perfect for any and all of your snack cravings.
I LOVE party mixes, especially Chex mix. And when I realized I could make (one of my) all-time favorite snacks in the air fryer, I was like GAME ON.
How to make Air Fryer Chex Mix
- Rice Chex
- Corn Chex
- Wheat Chex
- Everything bagel chips
- Peanuts (or other nut variety)
- Unsalted butter
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Step 1: Combine your crunchy ingredients in a large mixing bowl: Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Wheat Chex, everything bagel chips, Cheez-Its, pretzels, and peanuts.
Step 2: Melt the butter in a small sauce pan.
Step 3: Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to the melted butter.
Step 4: Pour half of the butter mixture over the Chex mix and gently stir. Add the rest of the butter mixture and stir again until evenly coated.
[Optional] Step 4.5: If you love Worcestershire like me, drizzle a little more over the top of the mixture before adding to the air fryer.
Step 5: Cook the Chex mix in your air fryer in two batches to make sure the snack is evenly cooked, tossing halfway through.
Step 6: Enjoy after school, with a movie, on game day, at work, on your commute, in the middle of the night, with your lunch, etc. (You get my point.)
What other ingredients can I add to my Chex mix?
Honestly? Just about any of your favorite crunchy snacks. Feel free to adapt your recipe with what you have available.
Bagel chips are my favorite part of any snack mix, so I almost always double it up. You can also add bread sticks, popcorn, rye chips, pumpkin seeds, goldfish, m&ms, or honey wheat pretzel twists. This recipe calls for peanuts, but you can use cashews, almonds, walnuts, or a mixed nut variety.
How to store Air Fryer Chex Mix
Store your party mix in an airtight container or gallon-sized resealable bag to maintain freshness.
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups everything bagel chips
- 1 cup Cheez-Its
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1/2 cup peanuts (or other nut variety)
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- (optional) extra splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Add Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Wheat Chex, everything bagel chips, Cheez-Its, pretzels, and peanuts to a large bowl.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter on low. Once melted, whisk in Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder until well mixed.
- Pour one half of the butter mixture over the Chex mix and gently stir. Add the second half of the butter mixture over the Chex mix and gently stir until everything is evenly coated.
- (Optional step) If you love Worcestershire like me, drizzle a little more over the top of the mixture before adding to the air fryer.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and add half of the chex mix. Cook at 250 degrees F for 30 minutes, gently shaking/tossing the basket halfway through.
- Spread on a baking sheet or rack to cool.
- Repeat step 4 with the second half of the Chex mix.
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER: