This is the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe I have ever made. Moist, quick to make, bursting with flavor, and the best way to use up ripe bananas that are on their way to the trash.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
If you are looking for a banana bread recipe with chocolate chips, look no further! This recipe will make it easy to make something useful out of those bananas you've been eyeing wearily for the past couple of days.
In my opinion, there is nothing better than homemade banana bread. It's one of those breakfast breads that never gets old, especially because it is so simple to make that it doesn't feel like a daunting task. And it's always well-received.
I also feel strongly that there is little worse than dry bread, which is why I put together a recipe that will give you the perfect level of moistness that will last for days, and even withstand a toast in your oven. So, if you're wondering how to make moist banana bread with chocolate chips, I've got you!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I usually make my banana bread in a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, and mix the ingredients in medium and large mixing bowls.
Follow these steps for a super moist and delicious loaf:
Step 1: Preheat your oven and spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2: Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) in a medium bowl.
Step 3: Melt the butter in your microwave and combine with the sugars (brown and white) until smooth.
Step 4: Add bananas to the wet ingredients and mash until mostly smooth. Some small chunks is ok!
Step 5: Add the eggs, egg whites, yogurt, and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture.
Step 5: Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in three-quarters of the chocolate chips.
Step 6: Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and top with remaining chocolate chips.
Step 7: Bake and enjoy!
I have made countless versions of this over the years (including this Low-Fat Banana Bread) and this is by far the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe I have come up with! You'll have to hide it or else it'll be someone's breakfast, snack, and dessert.
- If you want to make chocolate chip banana bread muffins, you can follow every step of this recipe and simply pour the batter into a prepared muffin tin!
Looking for other bread recipes? You may also like:
- 1 1/2 cups Banana (3 large)
- 1 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg White
- 2/3 cup Greek Yogurt (vanilla bean or plain)
- 1 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Melt the butter in a microwave. In a separate large bowl, combine melted butter and sugars until smooth.
4. Add bananas to the butter mixture and mash until mostly smooth, leaving some small chunks.
5. Add the eggs, egg whites, yogurt, and vanilla extract to the butter mixture, stirring until well combined.
6. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together until just combined.
7. Fold 3/4 of the chocolate chips into the batter.
8. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean from the center of the bread.