Easy Halloween cookies in 30 minutes! This simple yet festive Halloween sugar cookie recipe is the perfect sweet treat to enjoy throughout October.
Looking for a quick and easy cookie recipe for Halloween? Look no further, because these Halloween funfetti cookies are beyond simple, with minimal ingredients and a quick pop in the oven.
Not only that, but they are totally kid friendly, making this the perfect treat to make with the kids or send along to school parties or bake fairs!
These Halloween sugar cookies are so soft on the inside – largely due to the intentionally short bake time and room temperature butter.
Not only that, but they are totally fun to bite into, just like your favorite funfetti cake. I used a variety pack of sprinkles from Target which included orange, black, purple, and green. But you can adjust and use just orange and black if you prefer.
How to make Easy Halloween Cookies
In addition to this recipe being simple for anyone with the right ingredients, it's also quick. You'll be done in 30 minutes or less! My kind of recipe.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Cream together the room temperature butter and sugar until fluffy.
Step 3: Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract.
Step 4: Add the rest of the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder.
Step 5: The fun part! Carefully fold in the sprinkles.
Step 6: Roll into 1-inch balls and place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Step 7: Bake for 12-15 minutes and let sit before transferring to cooling rack.
Step 8: ENJOY!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature (softened)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup Halloween-themed sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract until just mixed.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Fold in sprinkles, careful not to over-handle them.
- Using a cookie or ice cream scoop, roll 1-inch balls of dough and add to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly crisped on the outside. The center should still be soft!
- Let cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER: