Halloween chocolate covered pretzels are beyond simple and delicious! Requiring just three ingredients and a few spare moments, you'll be enjoying this sweet, salty, and crunchy treat in no time.
Halloween is a fun time of year, that can be made even more entertaining with festive treats and snacks! But, not everyone has time for overly complicated recipes that require tons of ingredients, a steady hand, and a lot of prep.
These chocolate covered pretzels for Halloween can be made by anyone! And will be enjoyed by everyone.
Why you'll love this recipe
If you're a fan of sweet and salty, I am willing to bet you've tried chocolate covered pretzels before. But, rather than buying them from the candy aisle or a specialty store, why not make them yourself? Especially if you can spook them up for Halloween!
Bring them to a party, send them to school with your kiddos, package them up for a nice treat for the neighbors, or enjoy them with your favorite scary movie!
How to make Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzels
This recipe may be a contender for the fewest ingredients on Life She Lives! But hey, we're not complaining.
You will need:
- Semi-sweet melting chocolate
- Halloween-themed sprinkles
Step 1: Melt the chocolate in the microwave or using the double boiler method.
Step 2: Dip the pretzels in the melted chocolate and coat using a fork. Tap the fork to allow excess chocolate to drip off
Step 3: Place each coated pretzel on parchment paper to cool.
Step 4: Top each pretzel with Halloween-themed sprinkles while the chocolate is still melted.
Step 5: Let sit so the chocolate will harden before enjoying. If desired, speed up the hardening process by place the pretzels in the freezer.
How to store chocolate covered pretzels
After the pretzels have set, store them in an airtight container and refrigerate.
These pretzels will keep for 7-10 days.
- 8 oz semi-sweet melting chocolate
- 2 cups pretzels
- Halloween sprinkles
1. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate. In a microwave: place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted. In a double boiler: boil water in a saucepan and add chocolate to a heat-safe glass or stainless steel bowl. Place the bowl on top of the sauce pan and allow chocolate to melt, stirring periodically.
3. Use a fork to dip each pretzel in the melted chocolate. Tap the fork to let any excess chocolate drip off. Place each pretzel on the parchment paper to cool and harden.
4. Sprinkle the coated pretzels with Halloween themed sprinkles.
5. Let the chocolate set for at least 30-40 minutes before transferring to an airtight container. To speed up the setting process, place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER: