These rosemary parmesan crisps are a delightfully crunchy and savory low carb snack that works great as a substitute for crackers or as a garnish. They require just two ingredients and ten minutes of your time!
I am a lover of all things carbs, especially when it comes to snacks and toppings.
I am not one to pass up crackers, chips, croutons or tortilla strips on my salad or bread in any form. Who's with me?
I am also a lover of all things cheese. Well almost, there are a couple of stinky blue types that aren't my jam, but other than those, I'll never say no to cheese.
So when I made this crunchy and cheesy crisps as a low carb snack, I knew I had to share them with my fellow carb fiends.
Well, these rosemary parmesan crisps taste like they should be loaded with carbs. They are baked to such crunchy perfection that it's surprising that they aren't actually made with any flour or grains. It's literally just cheese and herbs.
Rosemary is my all-time favorite herb which is why I seasoned these as I did, but these bad boys would also be excellent with my second favorite herb, thyme. Or even Italian seasoning, whatever floats your boat.
I was shocked when I had Seware try these and he liked them. Not because they're one of those things that you either like or you don't (because I dare you to find someone who hates them), but because he doesn't like Parmesan cheese at all.
If it has Parm, he's out. So I warned him when he tested them that there was a good chance he wouldn't be into them. Then I got that surprised, “MMM!” and I had a victory dance in my head.
Well, only a little one because that means I may have to share them when I was secretly hoping I wouldn't.
And the best part? They take just 10 minutes, IN TOTAL, to prepare and bake. So if you're low on time or aren't a fan of complicated recipes, this quick and easy snack is perfect for you!
These can be used in so many ways! They make a great snack, garnish or salad topper!
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER DELICIOUS SNACKS:
– Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread
– Tomato Bruschetta with Garlic and Basil
– Spring Rolls with Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce
– Crockpot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
– Crunchy & Gooey Jalapeno Popper Balls
– “Loaded” Deviled Eggs
Connect with Life She Lives!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon's worth of cheese onto the baking sheet and tap to flatten into a 2.5-3 inch circle. Repeat this process until the baking sheet is filled, each crisp about 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle a dash of rosemary on each crisp.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
- Serve as a snack or garnish.
Don't have time? PIN FOR LATER!: